Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, August 10, 2007

The trials of moving, teething, and sleepless nights...

For the two weeks we have been struggling with trying to pack for our move, get Connor back on a sleeping schedule, and the pains of caring for an infant that is teething. It has been exhausting, however we are making some progress with Connor at nap times and bedtime. I have started to lay him down to cry it out for his naps because he wont let me rock him to sleep like he used to. He fights sleep so badly, and he is getting to the age where he knows how to manipulate the situation. So I have decided that it is only going to get harder as he gets older, plus getting no sleep and trying to work is beginning to get the best of me. He is doing well and only cries for about 10 minutes tops at nap times! YAHOO! Today he set a new record, 2 minutes and he was snoring away!!!! I think that God is beginning to answer my prayers on this one. At bedtime, he will only cry for about 3o minutes, which is great progress! The past few nights have been rough because Connor has been running a temperature of 101 due to teething. However, despite this still NO TEETH yet. I am sure they will start popping up soon! Last night we decided that since he was feeling better and didn't have a temp. we would try letting him cry himself to sleep. After several visits to his room checking on him and turning him over he fell asleep on his own after only an hour!!! This was better than I had expected. He slept till 10:00 am this morning, which was wonderful because we both caught up on some much needed sleep!! I can only hope that this will get better and we will have him sleeping through the night very soon!!!

7 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Oh my goodness you sure do have a lot going on! I pray that you continue to make progress with Connors teething!

Denira Baird Williams said...

I know you must have your hands full right now...we'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Tara! YOU are Wonder Woman! I hope that Connor sleeps well for you...esp. during this transition! You have so much going on...i can't wait to see your new house in person!! love you!

Tabitha said...

Poor Connor, that's so hard when they are unconsolable. I hope he cuts those teeth soon.

Wadsworth Family- said...

Stay with it! We have to do the same thing with Lake's naps. I'm glad your getting some sleep.

Anonymous said...

Tara, Try giving him a little tylenol when his temp gets up like that when teething-if he is fussy. It will help him to be a little more comfortable and take the edge off the pain. He should be able to get to sleep quicker that way and be a little happier. Pam

Tara said...

Thanks for all of your prayers! Pam- I have been giving him some tylenol and it brings his temp down, which is why the doc told me it has to be teething. The bad part is that it doesnt help him sleep any better... The last few nights have been better so maybe he isnt in as much pain anymore. Hallelujah!!!