Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Baby T #2 on the way!


We are making it official...WE ARE PREGNANT! I am currently 12 weeks along and the due date is September 5th. Since we know we will be repeating a c/s this time, it might be more like the end of August (depending on how miserable I am at the end of the summer...LOL). We are very excited, as is Connor who talks about his "baby sister" all the time. I truly hope he gets his wish, but we have been trying to prepare him that he might get a brother instead. This pregnancy has been completely different so far. Instead of morning sickness...it was night sickness. Good that I felt fine in the mornings and at work, but not good because as soon as I got home I would crash on the couch and am not such a fun Mommy! All foods are off limits at night, which has made cooking near impossible. Ask my husband how many times I have prepared a meal in the last 3 months. I have also had migraines, which has given me much sympathy to the people who deal with these often. The first time I had one, it was the worst pain I have ever had. The first trimester nausea is wearing off now...thank you Lord! However, this weekend my allergies have starting acting up so I am not looking forward to the long spring ahead. I am prone to at least 5 sinus infections a year and I hear that it is worse when you are pregnant so I am trying to prepare myself for that. I am calling the doc tomorrow to try and find some safe medications to take. The netti pot is just not going to cut it. It has helped somewhat though.

I am sure most of you know, but we had a miscarriage last year and that made this pregnancy much more stressful for me. I am so glad to be moving into my second trimester this week, however I am sure I will still worry. If you know me very well, you know I am not a worrier. This has been all new to me, but I know God is in control and as of right now everything is going great! We have already had two ultrasounds and my doctor is letting me come in every 3 weeks so that I feel better about it. I just love my doctor!

Last but not least...the other news is that I am leaving work in April to be a stay at home Mommy! I am so excited, but I know this is going to be an adjustment. I don't think Connor really understands it yet. I am so thankful and blessed to have the opportunity to do this. We will definitely have to make some changes in our lifestyle, but I know it will be worth it and I really want to spend as much time as I can with them while they are little. Connor only has two more years until he goes to school! I know Connor will miss all of his friends and Mrs. Betty, but we will just have to go and visit often! The reason I am leaving in April is because Betty is due with baby #4 on April 16th, so that just means that I get a little time with Connor before the baby comes which will be perfect! Congrats Mrs. Betty!!! We have been so blessed to have you these last three years and I definitely couldn't have gone back to work without you...we love you!

I will keep you updated now that the news is out...AND try to post more often. Now you know how I have been spending all of my time!

11 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

We are so excited! I am glad everyone knows now so we can brag!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Nikki said...

We are all so excited for you. We will keep you guys in our prayers and hope that the sickness gets better soon. I am also very jealous of your stay at home status!

Betty said...

Dear Tara,

I am so happy for you and the family! Connor really wants a baby sister...so I have been praying for him on that wish:)
I am also both happy and sad for when baby Apple#4 arrives because I will miss Connor terribly:( But what a beautiful blessing his momma wants to stay home with him:) Do come by and visit often! Thank you all for entrusting your precious baby boy with me these last 3 years! He holds a special place of love in my heart!!

Much love to you as you prepare your home and heart for another precious cherub!!!

Kristy said...

Congrats! I know you are going to miss everyone at work, but you'll love having the time with your kiddos. As for the migraines take it from someone who not only has them all of the time, but had one in the middle of labor with Drew. They are awful, but hang in there. Prayerfully you won't experience this a lot during your pregnancy. I suffered from them since I was 13 so if you have any questions let me know I think I have just about every trick in the book. :)

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

The chart on the top of your page is precious! It gave me chills and made it more real for me to read that our little one has teet and fingerprints. Oh, the joy of being an Aunt!

Sam, Brooke & Brylee said...

How exciting! So happy things are going well for you guys...and I hope Conner gets his "little sister!" =) But if not... I'm sure he'll love a brother just as much! Congratulations!

Lindsey said...

YAY! I had been wandering when Conner would be a big brother. SO Happy for you guys :)

Kandi said...

I know I commented on your fb page, but just want to say again congrats!! Such wonderful news and how fantastic it is that you are going to stay home. Let me tell you, worth every thing you may have to give up. Even on those days when it is rough being home, I would not go back to work for any salary. I can honestly say that and mean it now. I so cherish these times at home and thank the Lord we have husbands who want us to be at home and have jobs that can provide this opportunity. How exciting for you all!!!!

The Davis Family said...

What wonderful news! I'll be praying for you all and cannot wait to see updates!

The Clifton Family said...

So excited for you guys. I didn't know about your miscarriage, but I can understand why you would worry about telling too soon. God works in mysterious ways, and I know He has big plans for your family. Keep us posted! There is nothing like a new baby!

GrannieT said...

I cannot tell you how excited we are and like Amanda so happy that we can talk about the baby now. Sorry you have the flu and really hope that you and Baby are both doing o.k. Pops and I are thinking of you and hope you feel much better really soon. Love you all!