Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas with the Thompson Family

On Saturday we had Christmas with the extended Thompson family. Connor also got his very special birthday present from An Am, Uncle Pete, Grannie, and Pops! He got his very own John Deere tractor and wagon! He was so excited, although I think he was a little confused because he didnt think it was actually for him. He is very shy about playing with his presents when everyone is watching. He looked it over and showed everyone how it worked and finally decided to sit on it and take it for a ride. After that point, every 5 minutes he wanted to go back outside to ride his tractor. It was very cold so we had to bundle up! We had the traditional Christmas breakfast and played Dirty Santa and exchanged gifts for the kids. AND... I am so happy to say that Benny got to join us because he came home from the hospital Friday night. Straight from ICU! Benny, Kim, Jordan and Summer got to come and were so glad to be out of the hospital and we are so thankful that they got to be there.

Here is Connor going to see what was waiting for him in the driveway. (Like I said...he wasnt too sure what to think about it.)
I think he was more excited about his wagon. He kept telling us what he was going to put in there. He is going to "work on his garden', and take Cooper for a ride.
Checking the oil with Pops.
Connor only wants to ride it in 2nd gear and boy will that thing fly!

In his cabin...


Opening presents...
Watching Paisley open her present that he helped pick out.


2 comments:

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

How awesome is that tractor!!! I am so glad Benny got to come home!

GrannieT said...

What a wonderful time we had. In spite of the nasty rain Friday the birthday party at Chuck's was great! I really enjoy going with Connor and extra fun was having Summer and Paisley with us. Our family is just so special!! Love you all.