Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

5 more weeks as a family of three...

It's so hard to believe that Braden will be here at the end of next month (unless he wants to join us sooner I guess)! We are all getting very excited, Connor especially! He talks about Braden every day and about how he is going to play with him and teach him everything. I think he is going to be a great big brother! He is helping me so much around the house these days. For example...if my phone rings and its out of reach, he gets it for me. Sometimes I feel guilty asking, but right now it is such a big help and I am so thankful.

We haven't done much this past month. It is just too hot and hard for me to travel. Connor doesn't even ask to go outside until the evenings. LOL! We do go to the pool on occasion too, but sometimes it even feels to hot to be there. I think we have been to more movies this summer than we have our three years since Connor was born. Connor has really taken a liking to Buzz Lightyear since we saw Toy Story 3! We were only allowed to call him Buzz for at least two weeks. We are having a really good time together and I am so glad to have had this time off of work to spend with just him!

Everything is going well with the pregnancy. I will be 35 weeks on Monday. I am feeling ok I guess, just very uncomfortable. I don't remember feeling this bad with Connor. When I sit I get out of breath, when I walk I lose my breath. I dont have a lap anymore and that makes it hard for Connor to cuddle in my lap like he used to or even type this post! Ha! I have also had pretty bad sciatic nerve pain this time. Some days it is so bad I can hardly walk and other days it doesn't bother me at all. I am so ready to hold Braden, feel normal and not have to rely on anyone to do anything for me.

Here are some pictures of Connor from the last month.





Still loving Grannie and Pops tompoon boat!To Infiniti and BEYOND!

Washing his car, while Daddy washed my van! Best friends forever!

2 comments:

GrannieT said...

OH my! How sweet Mr. Connor is. He is such a joy and we all love him so very much. Can't wait to share all of that love with Braden. I know he will be just as precious. Take care of yourself these last few weeks and rest as much as you can. See you soon! Love, Grannie

Nikki said...

I was just thinking the other day how I was feeling this time last year...hot, tired, swollen and ready! I do feel for you because this summer has been even hotter. I heard something on the news the other day that the last summer that came close to the heat this summer was '97. I was thinking yeah, I remember I had a baby that August too. Good luck the rest of your days as a family of 3, it is another world with 2. I had just gotten used to not having to take the whole house with me when we left...it's like packing for the beach just to go to the park! Love every minute of it and I bet Connor will be a great big brother too! We will be praying for y'all.