Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's finally finished!

We finally wrapped up Braden's room. Between me organizing things, Brad painting the room, and hanging things back up again it took a little while. Here are some pictures of everything complete! Now we are just waiting...





Who needs to buy artwork when you can make your own?

I didnt want to use the same wooden letters that Connor had so I decided to go out on a limb and try and paint my own. I had such a good time doing them...maybe a new hobby?



Check out that silly boy in the picture! Hard to believe that I used to rock him in that chair. Oh, how fast they grow!

8 comments:

GrannieT said...

The room looks just wonderful. The same as Connor's but different! Love you all!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

It looks like a different room!!! I like it :) Glad you are learning to make your own art work.... Hmmmm.....

The Davis Family said...

Looks wonderful! Great job on the letters and wall art, looks professional!

The Davis Family said...

Love it! Awesome job!

Nikki said...

Looks great, you are so crafty!

Betty said...

I love love love it!!! You are so creative!

Lindsey said...

i agree with missy! def looks professional! i would be so worried to paint something on the wall! Did you just freehand it all? and is that the same bedding as connor's?

Tara said...

Lindsey, I just saw your comment... Yes, I did freehand it with pencil first and then painted it on the wall. Yes, it is the same bedding that we had for Connor with a different twist!