Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I am still here

...although the time that I have for blogging these days seems to be few and far between. As you all know summers are busy anyways, especially when you have children that want to be outside until dark. I have also lost some of my time here at home, as I have went to working 4 days a week and full time status. I had a great opportunity to step up to be the Executive Assistant to our companies new COO, who was my previous boss. He got promoted last month and asked me to assist him. I am still off on Fridays which I love! It might not be a long term deal, because I am pretty sure that being a stay at home Mom in is my future one of these days, but for now it is great experience and something to put on my resume for future. Other than that we have just been chasing our busy 2 1/2 year old around and laughing our heads off. The things he says these days are just hysterical. Sometimes I wish I could just have a tape recorder on at all times, so I could rewind some of these things and relive them later. Of course there are many times I would not want to ever think about again! Ha!
Connor has finally taken to his big boy bedroom! When we got it ready, he didnt want any part of it so we didnt push and he came around on his own. I still have to accomplish the task of organizing his closet and getting all of his clothes out of the old room, but other than that it is finished. I promise to post some pics of it soon!

We also got some new neighbors and we are enjoying that a lot. Our friends Jon and Beth mentioned this winter that their longtime friends from Memphis were going to move here. I told them about the house next door and who would have guessed that they liked it and it actually worked out for them to buy it! They have a 6 year old little girl and a 4 year old little boy which is perfect for Connor since he is used to playing with kids older than him anyway. Last night we played outside until 9 with them and he DID NOT want to come in. Time definitely got away from me.

My 30th birthday came and went last week and as much as I dreaded the day...I actually dont feel any different. Just wiser..! Ha! I am still a working Mom of a 2 year old driving a minivan and living the typical suburban life...and loving it!



This was Connor's special treat for sleeping in his big boy bed. He calls it his Batman motorcycle, even though it has three wheels.




The first day he slept in his big boy bed. Can you tell I am so proud!

4 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

YAY! You're back! I know what you mean though...trying to find time to blog is soooo hard! Love the new pics! Connor is so big and more handsome than ever! Love his big boy bed..can't wait to see more pics! I cant believe he is in a big boy bed..so grown up! Miss you guys and still praying for little Connor's allergies and you as you learn what to feed him. Hope it is getting easier with everyday!

Kandi said...

Glad all is going well!

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love Connor's new ride! :)

Betty said...

There's the Batman motorcyle!!!
And thanks for taking the promotion because that means one more day with me:))) I do love that Connor like he's one of my own!!! Thank you for entrusting him with me all these years...love you guys!