Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Weekend at the lake

We had a wonderful family cookout last weekend and as an added bonus...we got to enjoy the lake since summer will be coming to an end soon. We rented a pontoon boat in an attempt to try to persuade Granny and Pops to get one....oops, did I just say that?! No really we just wanted to take some boat rides and since we had so many people we thought that a pontoon boat would be the way to go. Connor was the boat captain for the day and besides trimming the motor actually knows how to operate a boat now. Kind of scary! Ok, before you judge me please understand that Connor usually wears a life jacket BUT this time it was WAR between Connor and Mommy trying to get him to put it on. He was NOT having it. I tried to force it on his arms and this is when I realized just how strong a 2 year old really is! We had a huge temper tantrum in the yard, which ended with timeout behind a tree. Everyone was on the boat ready to go and Connor would not put on the life jacket. I was ready to stay behind when someone told him that he could ride without it...I am not naming names. Ha! Lets just say that kids can get away with anything with grandparents.
We got to fish, play in the cabin (which I just realized I took no picture of...sorry), make artwork on the walls of the cabin (very impressive by the way), cook out, eat birthday cake and ice cream, tractor rides, corn hole, and most importantly visit with family. It was a great time!

Connor getting ready to pull away from the dock.
Pete telling him to turn right. Somehow Connor learned his right from his left.Such a serious face.
Fishing off of the boat.


Pretty Paisley!
I loved the colors of her dress, grass and the leaf.
Beautiful Jacalyn...getting so big!
Connor caught a fish!
Kaitlyn was proud of her catch too!
Uncle Brian...I think you are supposed to cook it first!
I love this face!
I wouldnt recommend anyone rent a boat from Caney Creek Marina. On the way to take it back, they passed a broken down boat so they stopped to pull them in. We were fined $30 dollars for being late and when they explained that they were helping a stranded family their response was, "well, you aren't supposed to pull anything anyway." Nice, hugh?

Connor was cleaning Pete's dirty tractor scoop.
Have I mentioned that Connor is totally obsessed with tractors! It is all he talks about. I think we will be having a tractor birthday party in December. He is already talking about his birthday in "two weeks" and the tractor cake I am going to make him. Not sure where he got that idea.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Sailor and I would also love a pontoon boat but we are sure the only kind of boats in our future are bass boats :( Anyway, you are not alone in the grandparent trap letting the kids get their way, I think that is what grandparents are for is to asure that kids 99% of the time get their way! Looks like a very fun weekend!

Kandi said...

Great pics! I cannot beleive Caney Creek would do that, terrible business manners.

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Love that you threw that in about Caney Creek! That is great... That place is terrible. We enjoyed that weekend!