Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Our little stinker!

I thought I would give a quick update on the Connor man! He is having a great summer playing outside as much as he can, still watching Mickey as much as he can, and playing golf, baseball, taking tractor rides, lawn mower rides, and trying his hand at being a little farmer. As I have said before Connor loves tractors and any chance he gets will try and persuade Grandy and Pete for a ride on their tractors. Dad's lawnmower comes in a close second and it isnt uncommon to see Brad and Connor riding up our street on it most nights. Connor is still at Ms. Betty's during the week when we are at work and he still loves it! During the last few weeks when we were out of town, Connor didnt have much time with his friends and when we got back he had no problem sending me off to work when I dropped him off. Ms. Betty also tells me that Connor has a little lady friend. We think she has a bit of a crush on Mr. Connor, as her mother says she talks about him all of the time. I think I might be in trouble with this little boy! I dropped him off one morning and she was standing on the stairs, and he said "Hi, Braaaalyynnn". It was so hilarious! However one day this past week Betty told me that she had to put him in time out. When I asked her what he did, I was expecting that he took a toy away from someone, talked back, etc. but Betty said that he hit Bralynn. I was shocked! We had a long talk about not hitting people (which to my knowledge he has never done) and especially not girls! He told me Ok, and that it wouldnt happen again. When we saw Bralynn the next morning he was embarrassed when he saw her and I think it was because of our talk. It is so funny watching him develop relationships with other kids and developing his own little personality. He is so tender hearted and is such a loving little boy! He gives hugs and kisses all of the time without me even asking. I love it!


Looking for his ball. "Where is it?", he said.


Watering Mommy's flowers and Cooper too!
I was a bad Mommy and let Connor lick the beaters after I made the cake.
Definitely not allergy free, but oh so yummy!

Deeeliiiciousss!

4 comments:

Betty said...

Connor is quite the stinker. But the cutest little stinker ever!!! I have really savored every minute I get to spend with him and cannot believe how BIG he is. It did break my heart a bit to put him in time out...a little tough love:)

The Deakins said...

only the BEST mommies let little ones lick the spoon or beaters!!!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Poor little. Connor... He is so mistreated!
Such a good looking fellow!

GrannieT said...

He looks SO grown up. The haircut makes him look all boy!