Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Last week

Most of you know by now but Brad's Granny passed away last Tuesday. There was a nice family service and graveside service on Thursday. We are all very sad about her passing, but it also brings comfort knowing she is finally at peace. She had a great life of 86 years with her family that loved her dearly. I told Brad as we were traveling to her graveside service that I couldn't believe how many cars there were and it was only a family service. She had such a large family and it was so great to see everyone since that doesn't happen very often. I thought the burial was very sweet, as all of the sons, grandsons, and great grandsons brought shovels and buried her. Connor even got to help. I will always carry that sweet memory in my heart. She was buried in a beautiful place, literally at the foothills of the Smokies. She was such a God loving woman and will be missed dearly!


These are pictures from last Christmas:

3 comments:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

What a sweet family picture. That is special that you have that memory to keep with you.

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

My precious little Grannie. The funeral was perfect. She would have been very proud of us all! We sang "Blessed Assurance" at the funeral (which was what she wanted). Funny thing is... As you know, I am Lutheran and we have sang songs that I know like 3 times in the year we have been there. The Sunday after we burried her, "Blessed Assurance" was in the bulletin for us to sing. It was the strangest thing. Funny how God helps us through things! Just thought I would share!

GrannieT said...

She was so wonderfully devoted to her family. Grannie certainly had that "Blessed Assurance."