Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Kitchen Update

I dont think I ever posted pictures of our kitchen that we updated in May.
BEFORE: (this picture was from the previous owners)
AFTER: walls painted, cabinets stained, floors redone, new countertops, new sink and faucet
I am not really a big fan of white appliances, but we bought a new white fridge when we moved in and everything else is relatively new. We couldnt replace everything and now they have grown on me.
I gel stained the cabinets myself and it really was pretty easy. No sanding required, just some gel stain and plenty of drying time.

The floors came out really well and it is amazing how much different it looks. Our floors were in really bad shape before.
My new porcelain sink and faucet which I love!

...and new countertops. Think they look like granite? Well they do but actually they are just a upgraded Wilsonart laminate. For the cost difference I just couldnt justify putting in granite or solid surface. We love them!


2 comments:

Betty said...

Can you come do my place???LOL. It looks awesome. You always do great work!!!

GrannieT said...

I need these countertops! They looks great.