Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Prayers needed!

Please pray for our family! Brad's Granny was found unresponsive on Tuesday morning in her bed. She has been in a nursing home for a long time and has advanced Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. We quickly headed to Maryville because she was not expected to make it throughout the day. On Wednesday, she started to improve somewhat. It is hard to say the word improvement because she is still not responsive enough to eat or drink and her living will says she does not want a feeding tube or iv fluids. Right now they are making her comfortable and she is getting to spend time with all of her seven children, grand children and great grandchildren. We came back home today. They are not sure how much longer she will be with us. She is such a strong lady and the healthcare professionals are just amazed. Please pray for her that she will go in peace and that she is comfortable. Please pray for the family as this has been a roller coaster since Tuesday. Today Doris told me that she actually talked with them off and on today. She asked for her by name and said a few things to her. This is amazing because she has not been able to do this for some time.

8 comments:

Betty said...

We are praying...

Anonymous said...

Brad, I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my prayers! Lou

Nikki said...

You guys will all be in our prayers.

Kandi said...

will pray for you all

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Our sweet little Grannie.

GrannieT said...

Thank you all. This is very difficult for us but Mom is ready to go.

Casey said...

We are so sorry to hear about Brad's grandmother. We will be praying for you guys!

Kristy said...

We are very sorry to hear about Brad's grandmother. you all will be in our prayers.