Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fun weekend in the neighborhood

This weekend we hung out with our new friends and neighbors literally every day...Friday night we went to the Jump Zone, met some more of our friends and let all of our kids get all of that energy out jumping to their content, Saturday night we grilled out with them at our house and played until the kids started melting around us, then tonight we went to the annual neighborhood "Back to School Bash" and bounced, went on pony rides, played at the playground, ate some food from the grill, and enjoyed our evening stroll in this glorious August weather! It is 8:00 and Connor is already in bed, which is not normal in my house. I might be following soon since I am yawning even as I write this. I cant believe tomorrow is Monday already...ughh.

"Jump Zone"



Connor loved playing with the dinosaurs. This play area was great for his age since the big kids couldnt play in there and there was plenty of room for him to jump.
This picture is out of order and is from the "Back to School Bash" in the bounce house. It was a little crazy with all of the big kids so he just went in at the end to get in a few jumps.
Knocking down blocks with Caly, Emma, and our neighbor Lily
Connor went into this huge slide (and I mean HUGE) climbed to the top and to our surprise came down with a terrified look on his face. It was like it was too late to stop, but he was not too happy about it. He didnt cry but when we asked him if he wanted to do again he said, "No, it is too scary." Ha! The owner couldnt believe that he came down it since it is a little steep and high for someone his size.
"Back to School Bash"
Connor was perfectly content just watching the other kids take the pony rides.

Connor and Noah had a great time playing together at the playground.

Lily taking her pony ride!

2 comments:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Connor is looking so grown up! I love the picture of him sitting and watching the pony ride! Can you believe that "3" is right around the corner???!!! WOW :)

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Busy weekend!!! He looks like a little "man"!