Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer sleepovers!

Connor has had a couple of sleepovers this summer with his friend Nico and one with his neighbor Will. The first one was quite an experience for me...LOL! I have always said that my son could go and go and go like the Energizer bunny without ever running down. Now I know it is true. Will came to me ready for bed at 9, got in bed and was wanting to go to sleep and Connor was still going strong. I was shocked! I didnt know there were actually children out there who asked to go to bed!!!!! So, when Nico came over to spend the night, I decided to blow up the air mattress across the house in the bonus room, leave the TV on and let them have at it. At 11:30 they were still going strong! When I got up at 2 am they were passed out on the air mattress but Im not sure when they actually went to bed. The next day they played hard and I could tell Nico was so exhausted. But not my son. Nico went home and Ms. Betty sent me pics of his conked out on the floor...LOL! Connor played strong until 9:00, when I made him go to bed. He completely amazes me! Here are a couple of pictures of Connor and his best buddy Nico. Sweet boys!

Cooper wanted in on some of the action too!




1 comments:

Betty said...

You are so sweet for posting this! What a couple of handsome boys they are! I know Nico had a blast!!! Connor will have to have another sleepover this Fall...mommy will need a break when Braden arrives:) Plus Ms. Betty will have a good reason to have Connor over;)