Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thompson Family Christmas

This past weekend we had the Thompson family Christmas at a cabin in the Smokies. We went to Dollywood on Friday night, then came home and celebrated Connor's birthday with a cake and presents. On Saturday we all split up and did our own thing. Our family went to Ober Gatlinburg because Connor wanted to ice skate. Needless to say it ended pretty much as we thought it would. Connor got his skates on and decided he just wanted to watch... Braden had a blast though watching Daddy try to skate around the rink once. Ha! He did pretty good! We got to see some snow and watch the skiers and people tubing. Connor loved that! We then went to Gatlinburg for some lunch and to walk around the shops. We decided that this wasn't as much fun as we had anticipated with two kids. LOL! We went back to the cabin and had our traditional Christmas breakfast and then exchanged gifts. Later that night we played trivial pursuit (guys against girls) and I am happy to say that the girls won!!! I got to play a little but had to take a few breaks in between bedtime and feedings for Braden. We laughed until we cried and made some great memories! We got up early on Sunday and packed up as we were expecting some snow at home. We got home and it snowed! It was so pretty and a beautiful end to our weekend!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow design personalized with Smilebox

0 comments: