Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A visit to see Santa...

This year we went to a local church and had breakfast with Santa! This is the first year that Connor has actually been excited to see him...really understanding what it means to see him and tell him his Christmas list! It sure is going to be a fun Christmas morning this year! I wasn't sure what Braden would do, but he didn't seem to mind sitting on his lap one bit. I expect that we will probably have the crying baby pic next year. LOL! We were very impressed by this Santa. They even announced his departure so that the kids could watch him drive away in his red Mercedes convertible complete with a "S Clause" license plate. Connor said he was driving to a remote location to get his sleigh. Well, not exactly in his own words but you get the idea. Ha!


This was the picture of Connor telling him what he wanted. (A remote control monster truck)
Sweet Braden waiting in line to see Santa...
...and pretty excited about it, I might add!
...and Connor is SUPER excited to finally get to see him. We waited a little late this year.
Eating pancakes and sausage. Mmmm..
...and we even got to see a friend or two! (Connor and his friend Micheal who went to Ms. Betty's together)
Have a Holly JOLLY Christmas!

2 comments:

GrannieT said...

This is hilarious! Connor's hair really could do the Braden thing! WE are soooo looking forward to seeing you next weekend.

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Braden's smile is just adorable!!! What sweet pictures. I am glad you guys had a good day with Connor for his birthday. It had to be nice just spending time as a family! See you soon!!!