Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

He's here!!!





Sorry for the delay in posting, we've been very busy. Anyway, Connor joined us last night at 7:49 p.m. and weiged in at 7 pounds 13 ounces and is 19 inches long. Tara ended up having to have a c-section after several hours of not making any progress toward delivering him. I was able to go into the operating room and be a part of the whole process...it was pretty wild! Tara was awesome through the whole ordeal and was unbelievably calm while laying on the operating table and having people do what they were doing. Anyway, here are pictures of him for everyone's enjoyment. We're still not sure who he looks like...tell us what YOU think!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to get to meet him in person! I'll talk to yall soon! Love you! Darby

Jeremy and Lacy said...

He is so precious!!! I am so excited for the three of you and all the Lord has in store for you!!! Hope to see you all soon!!
Love, Lacy

Anonymous said...

He's so cute, I think he looks like Brett! Little Boys bring so much joy, Love, Amanda

Courtney said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable! I'm glad to hear that everyone is healthy and can't wait to see more pictures! Have a wonderful Christmas, it looks as if you have the best gift of all!!!Hope to see you soon!!
Love you, Courtney

carriehayes said...

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful! I am so proud of you both! Can't wait to see him! Love you all!

Carrie

Nikki said...

He is beautiful. Congratulations. We are so happy for all three of you. Have a relaxing Christmas!!! We hope to meet Connor soon.
Nikki and Joe

Anonymous said...

Believe me, this is one gorgeous baby! So much like both Dad and Mom. It is an honor to hold him. Poppa says Connor is probably missing him.
We love you!
Mom and Dad (Grannie & Poppa T)

Anonymous said...

Man am I a proud aunt! I cannot even begin to express how it feels. I love this baby dearly. I can't imagine what the two of you are feeling. I could not ask for a better Family!!! I can't wait to see you ALL!
Love you,
Aunt "M"

Anonymous said...

He is so so sweet! He has won my heart. I went home last night and packed my bags. I will be moving in with you all today. Ha! Not really. I know you both will be great parents and Connor will be very blessed. We love you all!
Grandpa and Nana

Tyler & Adrianne Kruse said...

Connor is such a doll! Brad and Tara you are in for the time of your lives. Each day is going to bring a new blessing! Start praying with little Connor now. You will be amazed at how this brings the family together and brings peace in the middle of hectic times. We are just thrilled for you. Stone will have a play buddy when we come to Tennessee! Yippee!

Anonymous said...

I really dont know who he looks like but he is a doll. Hope you guys have a good christmas. We can't wait to see him! Glad everyone is healthy and doing well. Love, Renee'

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! He's adorable!! Glad to know everybody is okay!Can't wait to meet him and for him to have play dates with Jonathan!Take Care!!

Adriane

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to meet precious little Connor! How wonderful for you! God has definitely given you a precious, gorgeous Christmas gift! Jackson is looking forward to play dates!!!

Robyn, Nick and Jackson Swafford