Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, December 25, 2006

The Best Christmas Present Ever!







Merry Christmas everyone!!!

This is my first post since giving birth to Connor (I thought I would let everyone know that I am doing well). Today is Christmas and we have had a great day showing Connor off to all of my family who haven't met him yet. Of course, they thought he was adorable and said he looked just like me. It is kind of comical, because everyone on Brads side of the family say he looks just like him! Only time will tell... He definitely has both of our features.

Anyway, the baby and I are doing well. I am starting to be able to move around better now. I am still taking pain medication but, I feel SO much better now that I am home. Connor is a GREAT baby!! He sleeps, eats, and poops (all in this order). He only cries occasionally when I change a diaper. (At this very moment, I am knocking on wood hoping I am not jinxing myself!) For the first three days of Connors life we didn't know what his cry sounded like because he never made a peep! How did I get so lucky? Anyway, he is nursing well and only wakes me up twice during the night. Last night he had a 5 hour stretch that he let me sleep! He knew his Mommy needed her rest after Christmas Eve. We had a wonderful time last night having a steak dinner prepared by my Mom, and Aunt Linda. It was great!! Thank you all so much for everything you did to make our evening special! It was good to be able to spend Christmas with my Aunt Linda and Uncle Ron who moved here from NY just this past year and we look forward to many more as Connor continues to grow up!

I titled this post "The Best Christmas Present Ever!" because I have truly been blessed by God by making me Connors Mommy! As Mom said, he is a little miracle! It is so incredible to look into his eyes and know that I was a part of creating him and bringing him into the world! I never thought that motherhood would be this great!

Well, I am going to try to take a Christmas nap as Connor is now asleep. I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas! I will post some pictures that were taken today. Happy Holidays!!!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Guys, I am so excited for you!! Keep the pictures coming...I am trying to look at your blog as much as possible so I do not miss any!! Enjoy every minute of this wonderful time!!! Love, Lacy

Anonymous said...

Hi you two, I just love the ictures--he is so so pescious. Like Lacy said, keep the pictures coming. Can you take a picture of Ron and Linda holding him also? That would be so special to me too. Love and miss you ALL very much. Love, Grandma Hill