Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, January 1, 2007

Connor is 2 weeks old today!






Hello everyone!

Sorry it has taken me a while to do a post. It has been a little crazy around here with the holiday's and all of visitors. It is hard to believe that Connor is two weeks old today! He is doing wonderfully! He is still eating and sleeping very well. Brads family came for a visit this weekend and couldn't believe how quiet he was! We have been very blessed. Crying is so unusual for him that the other night we had a problem when he ate too much and had a little bit of gas. He started screaming and I knew something must be wrong because this wasn't the baby that I knew. I quickly took him into the living room, where his Aunt Am (Amanda) took him and worked her magic. It pays to have a good respiratory therapist around! She turned him over and massaged his back to get the mucus out, and just like that he was cured. Before I became a parent, I always thought that I wouldn't be one of these mothers who freak out whenever their baby cries. However, when it is your child you cant stand the thought of them being upset for ANY reason!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the little guy. I hope that you all are having a great New Year! It is hard for me to believe that it is already 2007! Since I was pregnant for most of 2006, I am looking forward to a fresh new start! Now if I can just work off the remaining weight that I gained, I will be doing good.

Bye for now... Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun visiting with you all! Connor is such a sweet baby! See you soon! Love, Darby

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! He is definately up there with Bubba as one of the two cutest babies in the family. Of course in this family, that's not too hard! haha. I cannot wait to babysit for the first time! I wish you guys the happiest in the New Year! Jessica :)