Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Connor found his thumb



Connor is going to be a thumb sucker like his Mama was, I am afraid. He has actually been sucking it since he was in the hospital, but this is the first picture I could capture of it. It is nice now that he can soothe himself, but I know first hand how it can ruin the shape of your mouth. My parents had to pay for various appliances for my mouth including braces. I had a baby blanket that I would hold and rub while I sucked on my thumb. My Mom actually got me to get rid of it by telling me one Easter that the Easter bunny needed it to keep her babies warm. Of course I had to leave it in my Easter basket the night before. However, it wasnt for several years later that I stopped sucking my thumb. Hopefully, I wont have to go through this with Connor even though it is a sweet story.

1 comments:

greataunt jolene said...

WOW! He is so precious. Couldn't you just squeeze him? Show me more!
Show me more! Love you all,greataunt jolene