Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Part 1

On Sunday we had Thanksgiving with my family. Normally we have a big Thanksgiving at my grandmothers but our traditions have changed the past few years since the death of my grandfather. It makes me sad since we have been doing this since I was old enough to remember but I know that as an adult now these things much change. I would also like to ask you to pray for both sides of my family. My Aunt Linda has been diagnosed with cancer and has started her treatments this week. Please pray for her strength during this and the family as well. This year was very special because my grandmother (Gigi) to Connor is here from NY. It is great to have her here for the holiday!

We also celebrated Dad's 54th birthday. As you can imagine with the recent WS win, he got nothing but Yankees stuff from Brett and I! Blue is definitely his "signature color". (Sorry...I am watching Steel Magnolias right now and couldnt resist! LOL)

I am very thankful for my family and everything that God has blessed me with! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!







1 comments:

Betty said...

I will certaintly be praying...things do change as we grow older..You do have so much to be thankful for for sure!!! You have a beautiful family that God keeps blessing!!!