Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Fun!

I will have to say that this year was the most fun Connor has had yet on Halloween. He really got into it this year, especially his costume. When I asked him in August what he wanted to be for Halloween this year, he immediately said a farmer! As I have said before Connor is really into gardening, tractors, cows, and anything that has to do with farming...so this costume was perfect for him. I was pretty excited too, since I thought it would be a pretty easy costume to pull together. I knew it would be cute, but I will have to say that when we put everything on for the first time just 30 minutes before trick or treating...I just couldn't believe how adorable he looked in his little overalls and hat! Of course the freckles and dirt really completed the costume. The cow was a last minute addition when I walked by the fridge and realized that the magnetic cow would be perfect for his ensemble. One man that gave him some candy asked him if it was a cat (wanting Connor to correct him) and Connor told him, "No silly, it is a C-O-W!" I will have to say that at times he was a mean little farmer, making demands and telling us what to do...like he had done this so many times before. LOL

Mom and Dad came up this year and we had so much fun walking around and seeing all of the cute costumes and decorated houses. Our neighborhood really gets into Halloween (all holidays in general) and pretty much everyone in the city comes there to trick or treat. One house not far from ours really gets into it! I took some pics but they came out blurry. They even hand out full size candy bars to everyone. How appropriate that they is an old graveyard beside their house that has been preserved...we even saw people posing for pictures there. Not so appropriate. I kept telling Brad that surely they didn't know they were REAL graves and not part of the decor.

Anyway, getting back to my story about our mean farmer...we packed the wagon with a blanket and a few other things thinking that Connor would get tired and eventually want to ride inside. Well, this wasn't such a good idea because instead Connor insisted that he pull it all by himself. It really looked like part of the costume which was cute, but I was sure people would think we were mean/bad parents making our 2 year old pull the wagon. Ha! He was pulling his "garbage" as he called it, and no one was to help him with his "garbage", nor move it up to the curb so he could walk to the house to get candy. He wanted it to stay right where he had it and he would watch us as he walked to the house to make sure! It was hilarious! We each took turns walking him up to the houses so everyone got to enjoy it. For some reason he wouldn't say "trick or treat" but he would always say "thank you" and for that I was pleased. We ended the night by coming back to watch the games. We had the TN game downstairs (Brad), and the Yankees game upstairs (Dad). As usual, Connor loved handing out the candy when we got back! We had such a great time and I cant wait for next year as it seems to get better and better every year. Cant wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!


Showing us his vegetables out of his basket.

His CO-OP handkerchief...





Picking his berries...



Our neighbors had friends visiting so I'm not sure of a few of the kids names...
(?), Lily, Noah, Connor, (?)
Caly, Connor, Emma, and Lily
Pulling his garbage
Dad walking Connor to get some candy.
Here is the blurry picture and this is only one side of the house. It totally doesn't do it justice, I will have to say even I was a little scared walking up to this house. The ghost in the dining room floats up and down.
It was so cold, a lot of people had bonfires.
Ironically this house is the one we almost bought before we signed a contract on the one we live in now. I loved all of the big trees in the front yard!
I saw this idea online and it was so easy. Just get a cardboard box big enough to fit the window and cut a design, then get some orange tissue paper and tape to the inside. Turn on the light and it glows outside. You could do this for every holiday too. I plan on making a cross for Christmas. Sorry this is a terrible picture.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Most adorable Farmer EVER!!!

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Great costume!!

Maranda said...

Connor looked Great! He and Brody must get together and do a little farming! I hope you had as much fun as we did.