Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day Family Reunion

After the Alzheimer's Walk (see post below) we headed to Fort Loudoun State Park for the "Day Family Reunion". I had never been there before and I was blown away by this park. Everything was so pretty. The trees were all starting to change to their beautiful colors and the landscape
surrounded by the lake made it even more beautiful. We had a great time just walking around and seeing what they had to offer. We took a self guided tour around the fort, and Connor loved it! Then we headed to the pavilion where the reunion was being held. It was a pot luck so of course all of the food was wonderful! We enjoyed visiting with family, and many of those who we don't get to see very often. The adults enjoyed playing several games of corn hole, and the kids had a chalk drawing contest. As you will see from one of the pictures, Connor was covered in chalk! I was a little worried that we would have a set back with the potty training since we weren't really near a public restroom. We took the potty chair along for the trip and thank goodness for that! We didn't have one single accident and made several trips to the car. The problem I am having now is how to get out of giving a "special treat" every time Connor goes to the bathroom. I think sometimes he will go just to see what he can get next! Any advice will be greatly appreciated on this one!!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Day Family Reunion
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

0 comments: