Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Alzheimer's Memory Walk

Saturday was the Alzheimer's Memory Walk and I am happy to say that our team raised $1070.00 and we aren't finished yet! There is still money coming in, and I am unsure what the final number will be, but we definitely met our goal as a team! The weather cooperated, there was no rain but it was a little chilly. We walked at Maryville College and I must say that I fell in love with the campus. It was beautiful! It was fun to walk as a family in memory of Brad's Grannie, and I also walked in honor of my grandmother who is also battling the disease. We raised a lot of money for this cause and I know that Grannie is smiling down on us!


"Team Grannie"
The guys...
The girls...(FYI- we wore the lavender bandanna's because it was Grannie's favorite color!)


2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

We did well! I hate that we missed the reunion.

GrannieT said...

I know my Mom is so very proud of us. She was such a wonderful person who will always be with us. We certainly made the "Day" day so special.