Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Touch a Truck and a visit to Amish country!

On Saturday we got up bright and early to go to "Touch a Truck", where they have all kinds of Connor's favorite things...TRUCKS! I think he was a little intimidated because he wouldn't get in most of them, he just wanted to look but not touch...which was kind of the whole point. It was also very cold and wet from the rain the night before. But we still had a great time seeing all of the different trucks and cars they had.
After we left we went to Amish country with Nonna, Grandy, Grandma, Uncle Brett, and Aunt Hillary. There aren't any pictures of that trip though because the Amish will not allow any pictures of them. I was told they don't even have mirrors in their house! I cant imagine... We took a wagon ride to visit each of the houses and got to watch them harvest their crops, mostly sweet potatoes and make sorghum. We bought a few things and enjoyed watching and learning their way of life from the tour guide. He was great! This was my third time doing this and each and every time I learn something new. It was quite cold though so we had to keep the blankets close. After that we had lunch and went home to get warm! Uncle Brett got to spend the night with us because he was going to hunt early the next morning close to our house. Connor and Uncle Brett had a ball playing that night! They wore me out just watching them. They had one heck of a sword fight and I hate to say it, I think Connor won! He can fight with the best of them and has proven to take down his Grandy and now Uncle Brett. He was so sad the next morning when Brett was gone. Brett...you must come back soon and bring Hillary with you next time!

Connor painting his wooden car. He got really into it!
Of course he had to mix all of the colors together...

0 comments: