Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Country Ham Festival

I love fall and all of the fun festivities, so this weekend Connor and I decided the weather was just perfect for going to our towns annual Country Ham fest. Brad played in a golf tournament this weekend, so this year it was just the two of us. We had such a great time! We walked around to all of the booths, had some great barbecue (decided to skip the country ham this year), watched the pig races, went to the petting zoo, decorated a pumpkin, and Connor got to be a farmer for the day. To him there is nothing greater! Here are some pictures from our day together.


Decorating his very own pumpkin


Waiting for the piggy races!
...and it was our favorite pig, Kermit the Hog first to the finish line!
Farmer for a Day





I reached for my camera and when I looked up he was climbing in one of the cars! Oops, pretty sure he wasn't supposed to do that.

Connor loved the big open space, he just ran and ran. It made me tired just watching him.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Sad we missed it this year!

GrannieT said...

We really wanted to go the festival again this year. It looks like it was even more fun than last year! Miss you all, hope to see you soon!