Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My day

So here is pretty much how it went.

7:30- I wake up (it was nice to sleep in) to call the doctor because Connor has a horrible cough and running a fever since last night.

8:00- Connor wakes up crying, cant talk.

10:30- Start getting ready to get to our 11:15 doctors appointment.

11:00- ready to walk out the door and Connor has an accident in his underwear (we are potty training) Lets just say it wasnt the wet kind. Throw the undies away (cant salvage those!), clean him up, change his clothes. Put all of the toilet paper and wipes I used in the toilet, go to flush and it overflows into my bathroom floor! Did I mention that we are late for our appointment by this time? Throw some towels on the floor and leave to get to the doc.

12:30- Leave the doctor with a positive strep test and go to fill the antibiotics. At least Publix gives free amoxicillin! I am just glad it wasnt H1N1. I had myself convinced last night.

1:15- Get home to find our Mickey Halloween decoration stuck in our neighbors yard. Must have been some kids around with nothing to do. Smashed pumpkins at the end of the road... Connor was upset so we walked over to retrieve it. Talked to the neighbors and unloaded the groceries I bought at Publix.

1:30- Starving but Connor wont come in from outside. Poor guy, he just wanted to play. It was beautiful outside.

1:45- My throat starts feeling very sore and is red. Call the doctor to get in before Brad leaves town at 4:00.

2:00- Eat my lunch finally and mop the bathroom floor.

2:30- Go to doctor. I have a negative strep test, but get a prescription in case I need it. He said I could still have it.

3:50- Get home and Brad is walking out the door to meet me before he leaves for a few days.

4:00- Put Connor down for a late nap and did a little running on the treadmill. I really wanted to be running outside. It was so beautiful. I had to settle for opening the windows!

Please tell me that everyone else has days like this. When Connor got sick last night I thought it would be a quick trip to the doc and come home. Boy was I wrong!

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Poor guy! Poor Mommy!!! I bet you are wore out. I hope the next few days are better!

The Deakins said...

I'm convinced there is no such thing as a 'quick trip" when it involves dr's offices!!!!
Molly goes for her pre op tubes apointment on Monday and I've already got a babysitter set up for Turner so I don't have to deal with them BOTH for hours at the dr's!!!!

Anonymous said...

welcome to motherhood! Unfortunately, this post is all too familiar to me with two children under the age of 5 and working full time their is never a dull moment...No time for mommies to be sick!

Anonymous said...

oops forgot to leave my name..Jennifer Meservy....I sure hope you all are on the mend

Jen and The Meservy Crew said...

just sent a comment but now figured out to do it under my name...you can disregard the anonymous comment :0