Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Alzheimer's Memory Walk

On October 24th, our family will participate in a memory walk for Brad's Grannie. As many of you know she passed away this summer after battling this disease for a long time. The past five years or so have been the worst and she also had Parkinson's disease. The family planned a family reunion for this day in Maryville and ironically this walk was scheduled for the same day. We will be doing the walk that morning and having the reunion after. I know that Grannie's spirit will be near!

Some of you also know that my grandmother (Grandma Neal) has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's as well. It seems that every time I see her, I see the effects of this disease getting worse and worse. She just isn't the same grandmother that I knew growing up. Alzheimer's, seems to affect the family more in my opinion because of all of the emotional pain and stress that comes when the memory starts to fade.

If you feel led to make a donation to the Alzheimer's Association and support me as I walk, I have attached the link below. Thank you for your support as I walk in memory/honor of these two special ladies!

Follow this link to my personal web page!

Thank you Lou for your very generous donation! Your the best!

1 comments:

GrannieT said...

Your web site looks great! and Congrats on the big donation. Our team is doing great! Thank you.