Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Benny's passing

Brad's Uncle Benny passed away the day after Christmas, which made our holiday more tear filled than joyous it seemed. We are so happy that he is no longer in pain and is with Our Father but so sad for the family that he left behind. He had a wife, four children, and three grandchildren that he adored. He has been sick for a while, so it is somewhat of a comfort to know he is free from his ailments now. We will truly miss him!

It is so hard to believe that my father in law has lost both parents, and now both siblings. I found the pictures below of Brad playing cards with them one Christmas. This pretty much sums up what they did when they were together. They always had a card game, or ping pong tournament going on Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Please pray for his wife and children. I cannot imagine what they are going through. He was such a good husband, father and grandfather.


This is a picture of Benny holding Connor in the hospital right after birth.
Brad, Ronnie, Susie, and Benny






6 comments:

GrannieT said...

Thank you for this. What a year we have had. 2010 will be much easier for our family, we hope. I love all the Christmas posts. Now, get your sister in gear! Love you all.

Betty said...

Very sweet post of remembrance. I know it is never easy saying goodbye. Hopefully all that loved him will feel the peace he now feels sitting with our Father in heaven. My prayers for comfort, peace, and love go to all his family members that miss him dearly.

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

I love all of the posts! I really like the pictures of all of them playing cards. Those memories are precious and I know they are to my Daddy. I feel so sorry for him. It breaks my heart to know that he has no childhood family. Kim is texting me some but not a whole lot. I feel so bad for her. Christmas was a rough time for us this year, but I know this year will be a blessed one. That is the first thing Pete said on the New Year. I look forward to a wonderful year with my sweet family. I will post soon MOM!

GrannieT said...

Tara, for Betty: Thank you for the sweet so kind words and all of the prayers. Unfortunately our family has been in need of uplifting all too often this past year. But,we have our family and faith that we will heal.

Kandi said...

Sorry for your family's loss.

Nikki said...

You guys continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I am glad Brad has a lot of good memories he can always charish. Those can never be taken away.