Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Cookies for Santa






This year I decided to start the same tradition that I had growing up...making cookies for Santa like my Mom did with us every year. When we got older it became more of a cookie making tradition to take to family and friends. This year was so much fun, since Connor really "got" the concept of Santa and his reindeer. We left him cookies (a few pieces of fudge because I know that this Santa particularly likes that), milk, and water for the reindeer. Of course we also made angel cookies in celebration of Jesus's birthday too! He really understands this too now, however now that we have talked about baby Jesus so much he thinks that he is only and always a baby. I will have to work on that one.
By the way, I made the cookies and icing from scratch like my Mom always did and I have a really great recipe if anyone wants it. They taste really good and the icing holds the coloring really well. I will say it cost me my $20 hand mixer. It blew up on me literally as I was at the end of mixing it. However, now I have a much nicer Cuisinart hand/stand mixer that my hubby bought for me :) Connor had so much fun helping, but probably not as much fun as it was for me to watch him. The cookies that he made had so much extra icing...I think it took twice as long to dry as the ones that I made :)

1 comments:

GrannieT said...

The cookies were so good.Especially since they were made with love by precious hands! I was not surprised that Santa ate almost all of his.