Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas at Nonna and Grandy's

We had our Christmas with Nonna, Grandy, Uncle Brett and Aunt Hillary at the end of the day. As you can tell from our family picture, I didn't last much longer after this was taken. We all went to bed...we were so pooped from the busy day! Luckily we had planned to spend the night so we didn't have to go too far. Connor hit his second wind at about 7:00 that night after being up since 6:30 that morning. He was absolutely hilarious to watch and hear all of the things he was saying. Oh and yes, he had to wear his Batman pajama shirt over his cute red polo sweater that I had planned for him to wear on Christmas. ...sigh...


This moment will forever be etched in my memory. We were all watching Connor open his gift from Nonna and Grandy and prepared for him to throw it over his shoulder and move on since it was some sort of clothes. Much to our surprise he said, "Oh Mommy, I LOVE this!" Just like I would say if I was opening clothes that I really liked. I think he had heard me a time or two! Hilarious! I even got the picture as he was saying it.

Brett posing for a cheesy picture as I teased him for being overly excited about a new saucepan.

Mom holding up her 5 sweaters that she got for Christmas...ALL of them the SAME color! Evidently we think she looks good in pink!


Connor LOVES his new CAR that you shake up!


I didnt get any overly excited pictures of Grandy, but as usual he seemed pretty satisfied with his Yankee's gear!

0 comments: