Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas with Grannie and Pops

On Christmas Eve, Grannie, Pops, An Am, and Uncle Pete came to spend the night with us so that they could see Connor with his Santa gifts the next morning. We had a great night eating our non traditional chili, watching a movie, and watching Connor enjoy the festivities. He loved handing out all of the presents to everyone. Everyone was so good to us this year and as always we got too much! It was another great Christmas!

Connor handing out the presents.
Opening his Lincoln Logs or "his house" as he calls it.
Opening his Superman mask, cape, belt and kryptonite from Mommy and Daddy.


The mask was a little scary for him, so I decided to put it on. I think it is a little scary too!


Uncle Pete and An Am
Uncle Pete helping Connor with his house.


2 comments:

Nikki said...

OK Tara the mask is a little scary, love the picture of Connor looking over your shoulder. You may have to put that up for a year or two. I am so glad you all had a good Christmas. It was good to see you guys but not under those circumstances. We would love to catch up like we talked about.

Betty said...

What a great Christmas story! And yes...the mask is a bit scary:) But what a brave mommy to put it on and take a pic that will last forever!