Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Easter at Nonna and Grandy's

On the Saturday before Easter we spent the day at Nonna and Grandy's house for a great Easter lunch and a family get together with the Lux family and Uncle Brett and Aunt Hillary. Since we didn't get to see them on Christmas because my Aunt was going through cancer treatments it was great to see them! My Aunt Linda looks great and since has had her scans and there is no trace of cancer anywhere! Praise the Lord! We also got to celebrate my cousin Ronnie's engagement! Congrats to Ronnie and Jen! Sorry no pictures of them :(

Connor got to have an Easter egg hunt and really got the hang of it this year! Our family likes to hide them in the trees so Connor now knows to look high and low for the eggs. Even if he could reach the egg, he would shake the tree to get it out. So funny!

I tried desperately to get Connor to take some pictures under the blooming trees, but he would not stay still as usual. Had to snap this one with him on the run!
Everywhere Grandy goes...Connor follows.





Very determined!




On Easter morning...Connor had a big surprise from the Easter Bunny! Lots of goodies and the dump truck that Connor has been wanting for his sandbox. It wouldn't fit in the basket of course... The Easter bunny also left behind a few little morsels of carrot that he didn't finish. Cooper took care of it pretty quickly and we learned that he loves carrots!



0 comments: