Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, February 12, 2007

I am 2 months old!






Connor is 2 months old today! He is really starting to grow and is a very happy little man. He smiles and coos all the time now. As you can tell, I am feeding him very well. We dont go to the doctor until next Monday so I dont know what his weight is. I weighed him on my scale here at home and it said 12 pounds! His hair is getting longer by the day, and can be quite unruly most of the time. I have resorted to putting Aveda hair products in it to tame it down a bit. Everyone keeps saying that he will lose most of it, but I dont think he has lost a strand yet. It is still very thick, even in the back. He is getting stronger and I dont think it will be much longer till he is holding his head up.


Well, I wanted to get a post in this week before I start to work tomorrow. I am dreading it terribly, but I know he will be well cared for. I just hope the adjustment goes smoothly. Brad is going with me tomorrow to drop him off. He said he wants to make sure that I leave him and actually go to work... He doesnt have much faith in me, hugh. Bye for now!

4 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

He is so precious!! I have been praying for you during your first day away from him! Keep us updated as to how it goes!! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

hey, how was your first day away from connor...i'm sure it was tough on both of you. believe it or not, you will survive it. until he's about 2 and cries not wanting you to leave him.
love you all
benita

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you all day. It's really hard. Just take it slow and easy. He's a precious baby! Love you! Doris

Lindsey said...

Tara and Brad,
Connor is absolutely adorable! I have this page as one of my bookmarks because i love to come and see his pictures all the time :) You have even inspired me to create our own blog, even though yours is much cuter because of obvios reasons! Check is out if you want www.jrandlindseyisham.blogspot.com Know that we think of you often!