Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

What did I do to deserve this?



Today has been a pretty relaxing day. Grannie, Poppa, and An Am came down to visit for the first part of the day. We enjoyed a lunch out at Applebees. Connor has been sleeping for 3 hours and Brad is out in the garage cleaning my car! WHAT did I do to deserve this? Brad got a new truck this weekend, so I think he felt like he should at least clean my messy car to make it somewhat pleasing to drive. The Volvo was needing too many expensive repairs, so we decided to trade it in to get a 4 door truck. There is room for all and we can haul stuff again this Spring! Mulching and planting season is almost here! YAAAAHH! I hope I have time to plant things this year. Last year I was pregnant and not feeling up to it. Our flower beds need some definite work.

Well, I am gearing up for the Oscars. That is about as exciting as it gets around here these days. Hopefully Connor will be a good boy so I can watch some of it. Have a GREAT week!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Tara, he is just so sweet! Wow! I'm so glad that you actually got to have a few minutes to yourself. And you are going to have to give up that secret of how you got Brad to clean up your car!! HA! Love you, Lacy

Amy Gardner said...

Tara and Brad,
Congratulations!! Connor is absolutely adorable! I am so happy for you both to have received this wonderful addition to your family. I hope you are all doing well and wish you, your families and little Connor the best! He appears to be a good mix of you both, but at fist glance I could see Tara right away! All of the pictures are so sweet and you three make a beautiful family. Congrats again!

Amy Gardner

Anonymous said...

Hi you two. Please keep the pictures coming. I change my screen when I get new. I smile also, not doing much of that lately. When I look at Corron's sweet face tho, I smile. I told your mom Tara that Connor will be walking before I get to meet him. I feel so sad about that! I go in the hosp. again on Mon., 12th. for more surgery on my back. The dr. couldn't say if this will get rid of some of the pain or not. I just want to get to Tn. and see my FIRST great grandchild. Tell Connor to stop growing, ok? love you three and again keep the pictures coming---it makes my day! hugs, grandma Hill