Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Whew...What a week!






Well I survived... My first week back to work was a whirlwind. Kudos to all of you fulltime working Mommy's with babies! I honestly dont know how you all do it. I feel like I have been hit by a truck from having about 4 hours of sleep each night! Connor picked a heck of a week to have a growth spurt. He is eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours again at night! I felt like a zombie every morning, but there was no time to be tired. We are moving into a new office tomorrow and guess who had to coordinate it all? You guessed it, me. I hired the moving company before I went on maternity leave and expected to be going back to work to the new office. However, everyone who knows anything about new construction knows that it is always delayed about 3 months longer than they tell you. I just happened to be lucky enought to go back to work the exact week of the move. Every day I had to pack and do various things to allow the transition to go smoothly. And I thought moving into a house was hard! I never realized all of the little details that go into moving offices, such as computer and phone lines being down, new buisness cards, ordering new furniture, getting 9 new keys and access cards, and orchestrating how the movers go through a brand new building with marble floors- just to name a few. I think I remembered to do everything because I wont be there tomorrow when the move actually takes place since Connor doesnt go to daycare on Fridays. I cant wait to be able to sleep in a little in the morning, if Connor will allow. It is going to be awesome!


Also this morning we woke up to snow covering the ground! It was so pretty and Cooper loved playing in it before we left for work. He was very angry when I made him come in. I actually had to coax him with a treat and pick him up to get him in. I must say that I honestly feel like I have two children sometimes because Cooper can be very high maintenance. It never fails that as soon as I sit down to nurse Connor, Cooper goes to the door barking to go out. Your probably thinking I could ignore him right? Wrong, he just sits at my feet barking until I let him out. Oh well, I guess I better get used to it for when Connor gets bigger and I have another baby to feed.


Connor does great at the sitters house. I honestly dont know what I would have done if I hadnt found Ms. Betty! She is awesome! She is so calm and understanding. I think I called her a million times that first day and she didnt seem to mind at all. She kept a log of his first day which I thought was very impressive. I think I have it bad, she keeps several toddlers at her house everyday and now has a new baby thrown into the mix. I dont know how she does it. Somehow she manages to keep everyone happy. She has three kids of her own, 2 of which are in school and 1 that is 10 months old. Her two oldest girls are so sweet and love Connor! They have nicknamed him "Chubby Cheeks". They love to watch him and hold the passy in his mouth.


Well, I am off to feed Connor and then to bed. Have a good Friday and weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make comments about Connor all the time on here...but I must make one about Cooper today...he is so funny looking at you out of the corner of his eye! He is such a ham!

Courtney said...

I am glad to hear that you survived your first week back to work. It must have been incredibly difficult that first day taking him to the sitters ! As always he looks adorable and happy. I'll be praying for you, I can't imagine how challenging it must be to try and do it all. Working mothers are my heros! Take care!
Love ya,
Courtney