Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Three firsts




This week Connor had three firsts...

(1) He slept through the night for the very first time ever! Yeah! So far he has slept through the night for the past three. What a blessing! I feel like a new person having gotten so much sleep!

(2) He got his first cold. This hasn't been so pleasant. The poor guy got his first cold from me, so we have both been sick. I stayed out of work for a day so we could both get well. I got some antibiotics from the doc, but poor Connor is having to ride it out. He is still congested, but sounds SOO much better! He gags when he coughs and has thrown up several times. I feel so bad for him. However, he still smiles after it is over, so I know he feels OK.

(3) He got his first shots! Yikes! This actually wasnt as bad as I had expected. After the initial prick, it took him a minute to realize that it actually hurt. As soon as I picked him up he stopped crying. He was such a brave boy! 4 shots is more than I would even want to tolerate! His weight at his 2 month checkup was a whopping 12 lbs and 8 oz! I new he was a big boy, but I couldnt believe it! He is in the 75th percentile for his weight! He got a good report from the doctor and she said his lungs sounded good. This was a relief for me since all of the sickness is going around.


Well, I will try and do better about posting next week. It has been crazy since we have all been sick. Love to all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara!! That is so great that Connor is sleeping through the night! YAY for you all! I hope you are feeling better from your colds!! That is no fun at all. The doctor started Hayden on some medicine this week that is supposed to help him sleep. You are so blessed to have a sleeping baby!!!