Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

1st Half Marathon- completed!

Ok, so I did it! Its finally over and I am so glad to say the least. I cant believe that I am still up since I got about 3 hours of sleep, got up at 3 am to head downtown to catch the shuttles and get parked, ran 13.1 miles (at least it wasnt 26.2!), in the HOT HOT sun (a 25 year old Fort Campbell soldier died of cardiac arrest after crossing the finish line and over 4o others were hospitalized). It was a crazy day of mixed emotions and it was an incredible experience that I will never forget! More on that later... but before bed just wanted to show you that me and Jamie made the evening news!!! Our hula gear payed off and got us a little famous! I am not on there for very long so pay attention or you will miss me! LOL

Here is the link...an update on the race and pics to come later I promise. For now I must SLEEP!

News Story

6 comments:

carriehayes said...

Tara!!! Way to go!!!! i am so glad you had fun. LOVED the outfit! you are too funny! hope you are getting some rest today! so proud of you!

Kandi said...

Congrats! I am so glad you made it after all your hard work.

Betty said...

Wow...WHAT A DAY!!!
You looked great on TV and I cannot wait to hear your experience! I was thinking about you all day!!!

The Davis Family said...

What an accomplishment! Way to go! Love the outfit!!

Nikki said...

Tara, that is awesome...hope you get some rest!

The Deakins said...

That is so cool Tara!!!! I totally admire you for giving it 100% and not giving up! I'm sure you wanted to a few times!!!I'm a news junkie too so that's awesome too!!!I would have it taped on 11 different tv's and shown everyone so they'd believe I totally did it! Maybe one of these days....