Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, April 10, 2009

What is going on around here?


It seems like I have been hearing nothing but bad news lately. Crazy things have been happening to just about everyone in our connect group at church. Cancer, illnesses, marriages dissolved, deaths of loved ones, its just crazy. Then I hear yesterday that Dan Miller, the longtime channel 4 news anchor died suddenly of a heart attack on Wednesday night while at the Masters. He has been on the news since we lived here before when I was in first grade. I also remember watching him every time we visited my grandparents all of those years. Demetria and Dan have been the news anchors together for like 30 years or something like that. Nashville will be forever changed without him. Since I am pretty obsessive about the news and I am exclusive to channel 4, I was devastated to hear this. Since his passing I have heard all kinds of things about him that I never knew. He was voted the "Most popular news anchor in the US" and he moved to LA for a while to become news anchor and had a show with Pat Sajak. My heart goes out to his family and all of his long time friends at Channel 4. Brad thinks I am crazy, but when you watch a person almost every day to be informed of your local news you kind of feel like that person is your family.
Then today we find ourselves back in the closet taking cover from the storms coming through. There was a picture sent out of a tornado in Spring Hill, but I am not sure exactly where it was. Haven't heard much about that because most of the coverage has been in Murfreesboro. It turns out that one of the tornado's that hit was only a couple of miles from a coworker of mine and Brad's. Luckily he and the other guy we work with were fine but so many others were not as lucky. My heart goes out to them! I am not ready for it to be tornado season all ready. This is when I wish I still lived in E TN!!!

1 comments:

Tabitha said...

Yes, that was an extremely scary day. And the tornado is Spring Hill was near the Oak Lake subdivision. A little too close for comfort.