Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter eggs, baskets, and lots of treats!

Here are some pictures of our Easter morning. Connor was very excited and kept telling everyone, including perfect strangers in the grocery store that "The Easter Bunny comin' to see me!". Of course we also read our book on the very first Easter and learned all about "Jejus" as Connor calls him. He followed along in the story but I think it will be next year until he fully grasps it and what Jesus did for us on the cross.

I decided to make finding his Easter basket fun, by making a trail of Easter eggs from his room, all the way down the stairs, and into the living room where his Easter basket was filled with goodies by the Easter Bunny. He got a lot farther than I thought he would because I thought he would drop everything once he saw his basket, but he didnt. He wanted to finish his egg gathering mission! Brad told me I went a little overboard on all of the eggs because Connor had to have 2 baskets just to get them all. (you will see him holding a different one in the third picture) We had a great time playing with all of his treats until time for church. It was a great Easter indeed!

He did skip a few eggs, but he made sure he went back to gather them!

My son...the candy lover just like his Mommy! His Easter basket was filled to the brim with all kinds of toys and he finds the egg filled with M&M's more exciting! That's my boy!


4 comments:

Kandi said...

Great idea about the eggs leading to the basket. I saw an idea about using ribbon, yarn, etc and the kids follow the ribbon to the basket.

Betty said...

What a special Easter morning!!!
Now..can I come over next year?
Ha ha ha!!!

Nikki said...

What a great idea, I will have to remember that one. I don't think I would need quit so many eggs in our house!

GrannieT said...

Funny- one of the words that Connor says most clearly is CHOCOLATE!! Grannie