Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Braden's first Christmas and the rest of December...

We had a fabulous Christmas holiday and it was so much fun this year with our family of 4! I loved having 4 stockings hung on the mantle, it looked so complete. We have been so blessed this year and it was great to reflect on everything that we have gained. Santa was so good to both of the boys and Piper kept busy all season getting into mischief as usual. Piper is our (elf on the shelf) and was caught swinging on the chandelier, eating out of a bag of marshmallows in the kitchen, playing with Braden's baby toys, and snacking on popcorn and watching movies just to name a few. Connor must have been a very good boy this year for Piper to have given Santa such a good report...he got lots of great things!

We did something new this year with the Thompson's and went to a cabin in Sevierville (just outside of Dollywood) and had a great time with the entire Thompson clan. Every family had a bedroom and went to Dollywood one night, had our traditional "breakfast" for Christmas dinner, and much more. It was a great time!
Connor and Braden made Nonna and Grannie stepping stones with their footprints and names for Christmas. They are so special and I know they will treasure them. We had them made at Precious Prints here in Franklin and I totally recommend it to anyone with little ones. They also make ceramics and customize it to your child.
This was Braden's first Christmas and I think he managed to sleep through every major event. Lol! Every time we opened presents...Braden...asleep. I think he did enjoy the excitement though. Santa brought him lots of clothes (most of which were too small, so he left receipts so Mama could exchange them for a size 12 months). Yes, you heard me correctly. My then 4 month old was moving into 12 month clothes. Santa brought him 9 month...who knew. He also got a ball pit, which Connor really liked. I just hope that Connor doesn't pop it before Braden can actually play in it. Ha!
The entire month of December is usually a blur for me. I am sorry to say that this year was no exception and seemed to go by even faster with two kids, rather than one. I love that time of year so much and I hate that it has to pass me by so quickly. I am usually so tired from all of the birthdays and Christmas festivities that I don't even get to enjoy the time I am in. I hope for things to be different next year, but who am I kidding. It is only going to get busier. Can't wait to see what next year brings...to think that Braden will be walking and talking is just crazy! It is going to be so much fun!

Connor helping Mommy with Christmas cookies. We do this every year and I love the time we spend together!
Connor's note from Santa. I think he really liked the cookies!
My little elf.
Notice Piper sitting on the chalk board.
Connor was so out of character on Christmas Eve. Come to find out...he was worried that Santa was going to pass by our house if we didn't get home. Poor little guy!
I loved their matching PJ's.
This is my cousin's little girl Lucy. They were so sweet together. I can't wait to see them next year.

My favorite things under the tree!
Our family Christmas with the Thompson's in Pigeon Forge
Connor, Paisley and Braden (love this picture!)
The ice skating fiasco...lets just say Connor never stepped foot on the ice. LOL
Braden and I were the spectators...
He looks like he is up to something...naughty Santa.
Our visit with Santa...both boys did great! No tears or frowns :))
Breakfast with Santa
Connor's birthday...we went to Peekaboo Playtown. His favorite!
Braden and Daddy at Peekaboo Playtown.

0 comments: