Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, February 16, 2009

2-14

Valentines Day 2009
Morning: My morning was spent running downtown at 7 am in the most ridiculous Valentines Day getup you have ever seen! I wont go into many details but to explain there was an email sent out from our running group at Fleet Feet that said that they would like for everyone to wear red or pink since it was V-day AND if you wore hearts you would get some sort of prize. Well, we have one of those people in our group who wanted to take it to a whole new level! I got a call from Jamie and was told that we were going to get matching shirts and since I was one of the ones who didnt have to work that day, I was to go to find some decorations that we could assemble into some sort of outfit. Needless to say we looked quite hilarious and definitely turned some heads running through the college campus's of Lipscomb and Belmont! After the run we went to Noshville (who by the way has an awesome breakfast!) and turned quite a few more heads there as well! Ha!


On Friday night we got together to get everything decorated...
We wore matching shirts we got from Target in the pajama section.

Rebecca had the idea of making capes for everyone out of some cellophane for baskets and a heart that we found at Target.


When I got home, Connor was so excited to give me my Valentines present. Brad and I had agreed that we werent going to get anything for each other BUT being the wonderful husband that he is, he got me something anyway! I got the new running shoes that I had been wanting and some running socks! The next thing I knew Connor was walking all over the house with the bag on his head. It was hilarious!
Here is a picture of our fabulous capes! Ha! Rebecca named us the "Cupid Crusaders".

Needless to say we won the prize! Not sure what it is yet. I am hoping for a Fleet Feet gift card! Pretty sure that wont be it, but I can hope can't I?

Kim and Alyssa at Noshville

Me and Jamie at Noshville (looking pretty tired after the run)
The whole crew minus Beth who was in Costa Rica on vacation. I am sure that she would rather have been with us! Ha!
Night: We had a much needed date night! We went to the Nashville Predators hockey game and then to dinner afterwards. It was great and we couldnt have picked a better game to go to! They were tied with the Bruins and we got to watch a shootout at the end as a tie breaker. The Preds won which made it even better! We met Brett and Hillary there and it was great to hang out with them as well since we dont get to see each other nearly as often as we would like. Connor spent the night at Nonna and Grandy's house so we had the entire night to ourselves. It felt so strange to go home and not have any responsibilites like bath and bedtime. It was a good thing because I was exhausted since I had to get up at 5 and we got home at midnight- way past my bedtime! We had such a great time though and a big thank you to my parents who gave us the tickets for Christmas and were the babysitters for the night on their Valentines Day. They insisted that Connor was the best Valentines present they could ask for. Here are some pictures from our night...



Brett and Hillary

Gnash was dressed as cupid!

Brad said that I was obsessed with Jordin Tootoo. I thought he was pretty cute so I took a few pictures!

This is the shootout where we won the game! As you will hear in the video they were yelling some not so nice things. I have decided that hockey isnt a real friendly sport. Also the camera goes a little crazy at the end. I was trying to get Brad on camera.

3 comments:

Betty said...

You girls look awesome! That's some serious team work and team spirit all for the love of running!!! Even sweeter that you all won, seriously did anyone else even compare??? Yeah...poor poor Beth she really missed out on all the fun:)))

The Rue Family said...

How fun! I am no surprised that yall won! Good for you!

Nikki said...

Your running group looks really fun and inspiring! Glad you guys had a good valentine's