Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Pops' little fisherman!

Last weekend while Mommy was busy with the baby shower festivities, Connor got to spend some time with Pops and Grannie at the lake. He had such a good time and even took up fishing while he was there. Pops found a Mickey fishing rod for Connor (dont worry- no hooks just a Donald Duck as bait!) It was precious and it didnt take Connor to figure out how to use it. I guess he was sort of familiar since he has a magnetic fishing rod in his bath tub that he plays with every night. Pops had to help him throw it in the water because Connor kept getting it stuck in the mud, but he definitely had the concept down! Here are some cute pictures that Brad and I captured before we left to go home. Thank you all for taking care of Connor for me so I could have some girl time! He had a great time!


"Dont fall in!" Grannie thought he was getting a little too close to the edge I think!

I love this picture! Pops is giving Connor his first fishing lesson.



2 comments:

GrannieT said...

Thank you so much! Please, please email these to me so that I can put them in the photo book I am working on. I know you don't have time to think about this with Connor sick but I have a few days before I have to finish the book. I hope the little guy is feeling better and that you and Brad don't get his flu. Take care and rest! Love, Grannie.

Nikki said...

Those pictures are really good! I bet he loves the lake. It was great to see y'all too!