Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The flu has hit!

I guess it had to happen eventually, but Connor has the flu! It really hasnt been as bad as you would think. Just a high fever, and a runny nose. Of course Connor might have other aches and pains but of course cant tell me. He has been playing up a storm though which makes me think either the Motrin and Tylenol are doing their job or he really doesnt feel that bad. The nights have been a little rough. Mostly just because I cant sleep well and check on him often. My hands are so dry from washing my hands over and over again! I am just praying that Brad and I dont get it. The doctor told me that you have it at least 2 days before you start having symptoms. I got up and did my long run this morning in the rain since I didnt know how I would feel tomorrow or later this week. It was a 100% chance of rain and we got lots of it over night so needless to say we were running in the mud and some flooded areas for 9.7 miles! We supposed to run 8.5 but the rain washed away the chalk so none of us really knew when to turn around. I guess it is safe to say that I can definitely do 10 now. Ha! We were soaked and my body was completely numb from the cold. Not fun! I have a whole new appreciation for people who run in the rain on their own free will! Doing a race in the rain is one thing because that cant be rescheduled, but I dont think I will be doing this again, at least not in February! Glad it is done though, dont have to do a make up later this week.

This picture was taken before we went to the doctor yesterday. I had just got out of the shower and put on my hat and Connor wanted his too. He went into the closet and got this one. He wanted to be just like Mommy! I have to say it was pretty sweet. Daddy didnt really like his choice though. Ha!


Not a good picture of me, but I loved Connors sweet face!


8 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Poor little man! Tell him we hope he feels better soon. We want to come see you all soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor Connor! We are glad he doesn't feel too bad. Just keep the Tylanol handy and in his system. Forget Brad, we love the picture. We love you all, Mom

Lori and Linda said...

Poor Connor! Just keep the tylanol handy and in his system. Sure hope he feels better soon.
Forget Brad, we love this picture. We love you all, Mom

Anonymous said...

Aww I hope he is better soon! Fingers crossed that you and Brad don't catch it. Love that sweet picture of you two. Go Yankees!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww I hope he is better soon! Fingers crossed that you and Brad don't catch it. Love that sweet picture of you two. Go Yankees!!!

Nikki said...

That is too bad, I hope he gets better soon and I also will pray you and Brad stay well! Still impressed with the running, keep it up!

Jones Family said...

I hope he is feeling better. I had to take Hayden to the doctor on Thursday and he had type B FLU. The week before Taylor had Strep. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Kassie does not get sick.

Casey said...

That stinks that Connor has the flu, but really good that he hasn't felt too bad! I hope you and Brad stay well! It was great to get to spend some time with you at the shower!