Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend

I had a great Mothers Day weekend and it was quite action packed. We have been staying quite busy lately and this weekend was no exception. We left on Friday to head down to Rockwood to spend the night with Grannie and Pops and had a Mother's Day dinner at Calhoun's on the Lake. On Saturday morning, Amanda, Doris, and I headed to Townsend for a bridal shower for Amanda. It was a rainy day, so Connor stayed at home with Daddy and Pops. Later that afternoon we went to Kaitlyn's 3rd birthday party and then left to go to my parents house to spend Mother's Day with my mom. On Sunday, we came home and spent a relaxing day at home just hanging out as a family.

Here are some pictures of Connor planting Grannie and Nonna some flowers in their very own flower pot that was engraved with Connor's name on it. On the front it said, "Nonna's/Grannie's Garden of Love". I thought this would be a good idea for Connor since he loves helping me garden and he could do this all by himself (well...maybe I helped a little.) and actually give it to them. He loves giving presents to anyone and had been asking me since we planted them when we were going to get to give them to Nonna/Grannie. He calls dirt "garden", so we needed to give them their flowers in the "garden". I love the stuff he comes up with!
















2 comments:

GrannieT said...

This was the most precious gift of all. Connor told me that there was a garden in there for me. Of course, I appreciate the gifts and time spent with all my family so much. Love, Grannie

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

You are too creative! I am getting too used to your guys being here! Maybe we should have a wedding every 6 months, ha ha... Actually, i don't think I could handle all of this work year around! Thank you for everything!