Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A visit with Darby and Brock

We finally got to meet Brock this week! I have been dying to get my hands on him since he was born and finally got the opportunity to visit while we were in town this week. It was great to visit with them on Friday! Brock is just the sweetest thing and perfect in every way! I didnt get to see those pretty eyes since he slept the whole time, but I hope to be able to see him again very soon. Darby looked fantastic and doesn't even look like she is the mother of a 3 week old! Darby...I need to know your secret! I had such a good time catching up with my sweet friend and Connor enjoyed his time there as well. I had been telling him that we were going to visit a baby. When I told him it was baby Brock, he replied "baby Rock?"! It was hilarious! Darby he might have a new nickname from Connor. LOL! Although he did finally start calling our dog Cooper instead of "Pooper" so there is hope! I think Darby got a small glimpse of what it is going to be like to have a two year old boy in her house! Hopefully it wasnt too crazy for you. Ha! I was very impressed that he let me hold Brock the entire time except for the last few minutes. He finally said, "Put baby down. Want Mommy to hold me!" Ha!



This is a really bad picture of Connor. Darby has these on her blog and hers turned out much better!

5 comments:

Summershea said...

I am working on getting a list of addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for everyone in the class of 2000 so we will have a quick reference for sending out our 10 year reunion information. Please take a moment and have Brett email me his latest information to ShaddenTeach@comcast.net.

Hope you are doing well.

Summershea

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

We had so much fun seeing you all! I appreciate you coming to see us in the midst of your short trip in! Love yall!

Betty said...

You sound ready for another baby in the Thompson house after seeing sweet baby Brock, and the picture of you 3 is just a glimpse of what it would look like:)...

LeeAnn said...

I missed you at Darby´s by 1 day!! One of these days....

Casey said...

I'm glad you had a good visit! You girls, and boys look great!