Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Amanda & Pete's Wedding Weekend

The reason for my short departure from blogging is that we have had quite a lot going on in the last few weeks. Last week was full of work and then we left right after our office training on Friday to go to Knoxville for Amanda and Pete's wedding weekend. It was a great weekend with great weather and fun times with family and friends. We stayed at the Sheraton which was within walking distance to the rehearsal dinner and reception. My Mom came down to stay the entire time to help us out with Connor since we were all in the wedding, plus I sang during the ceremony and I dont know how I would have done it otherwise! It really allowed us to be able to enjoy the festivities and I am pretty sure she enjoyed the time with Connor too! The wedding was beautiful! Amanda did such an amazing job with the planning and had everything is such order! I wouldnt have expected anything less...she is my husbands sister after all! Amanda looked radiant the entire weekend and I loved seeing Pete just look at her! So sweet! Connor loves Pete so much and now he can officially call him Uncle Pete! We really enjoyed getting to meet all of Pete's family and they were so nice and hospitable. They rented a suite in the hotel each night and filled it with food/drinks so that everyone could come and hang out. This was very nice and the first time I have seen it done at a wedding.

Here are lots of pictures from our weekend! Like all good things that come to an end, I was sad to leave but we were left with lots of great memories to cherish for a lifetime! Congratulations Amanda and Pete! We love you guys!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Amanda & Pete's Wedding
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

5 comments:

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

The pictures are so good...you are really getting the hang of your new camera! You all looked great! I am so sad we weren't able to come! The centerpieces looked amazing! What a fun weekend!

Lindsey said...

thanks for sharing the pictures! connor quite the stud, as usual and the bride looked beautiful too :) So sad we missed it! Congrats Amanda and Pete

GrannieT said...

What a wonderful weekend! It felt like it would go on forever but was over in a flash. As you say, Amanda is Brad's sister and did a great job of organizing and keeping us all on track. It was wonderful to spend time with her and all of my wonderful family, new extended family and friends. Thank you so much for the pictures. They are great. Love you! Grannie

Jeremy and Lacy said...

so cute! Amanda looked beautiful! And that Connor is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Love that little tux!

Betty said...

What a beautiful day full of priceless memories! You sure did a wonderful job catching the moment just perfectly!