Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Four wheelers, tractors, and a pool day!

We had a fun filled weekend and since Connor had such a rough week we took him to two of his favorite hangouts lately...the pool and the farm! On Saturday we went to the farm to check out Brett's new toy, a four wheeler. I didn't think that Connor would go near it since he doesn't like things with loud motors, but he really surprised me and even went on a ride with Daddy! He also rode the tractor which is a first since it is a very loud one and he has never wanted to go near it, just look at it. He got to ride with Grandy and Nonna while they took it to put in the barn. That afternoon we had a cookout at Grandma's house but I didn't get any pictures of us there.

On Sunday we went to the pool for the first time this year. I wasn't sure how this would go either since Connor has been having a blast in the water in his pool at home, but didn't like the big pool last year. He really surprised us! He really had a good time, especially when we would take him to the big pool and throw him in the air! He slipped trying to get in the kiddie pool and went in face first so I am sure next time he will be a bit more timid in there. We had a great time and unfortunately for us, Brad and I didn't wear sunscreen and got a bit baked. It wasn't very hot and it didn't seem like we were getting as much sun as we did. Lets just say we have been keeping the aloe by the bed. I told Brad that at least we got our base tan before we go to Florida! Ha!












1 comments:

Betty said...

His smile just melts my heart!