Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Nonna!

Tomorrow is Nonna's birthday, but since it is such a busy week with getting ready to go on vacation and working, went spent the day with her on Saturday to celebrate. We had a great day just spending time outside, had a great lunch, and birthday cupcakes. I love that we have such a well rounded families. Connor loves going to both places. At Nonna and Grandy's house he loves helping in the garden, going to the farm to see the cows and riding the tractor, and playing with all of our toys from mine and Brett's childhood. At Grannie and Pop's he loves to fish, and play in Pop's boat, visit with Kaitlyn, and play outside with Grannie. He gets exposed to a little bit of it all.
This was Brett's tractor when he was Connor's age. Pawpaw gave it to him, so Connor calls it Pawpaw's tractor. He of course always follows it up by saying that "Pawpaw is in heaven."
Connor got a "going to hot/humid Florida for a week" haircut from Nonna. It looks so cute but is makes me sad because he looks so different and like such a little boy!




Helping Nonna blow out her candles. Gigi's cupcakes...YUMM! No, not my grandmother that Connor calls Gigi ( I wish! ) We have a Gigi's Cupcakes in Spring Hill and I thought I would try them out. To our Gigi- We wish you could have been there!

Happy Birthday Nonna!

Ok, so when you look at this picture try not to focus on my very handsome son for a minute and look at the vintage 1980's Power wheel that still works!! Yes, you heard it right. My parents saved my brothers power wheel three wheeler and actually found a fixer upper guy who gave my Dad a lifetime supply of batteries for it. Looks like it might just run forever! Sometimes the foot pedal gets stuck but for the most part it is just like a new one. It even has metal parts! Ha!
Can you imagine looking at these beautiful horses in your backyard? Mom and Dad are fortunate to have a horse farm behind their house. Connor loves to see the horses each time we go.

Picking his first vegetable of the year! Cucumbers...Yummy!
Helping Nonna and Grandy pick.

Now the following pictures were taken at my house.


This is the new landscaping that we did in the front yard this spring. I wanted to take some pictures of my flowers in bloom and was able to capture some shots of my lawn keeper who was hard at work as you can see!


Connor is a little obsessed with lawn mowers. I cant wait to tell him about this when it is actually his time to start helping out with the mowing. I am sure it wont be quite as exciting then. Ha!


5 comments:

Betty said...

Happy Birthday Nonna. I will always remember yours since it's my Mia's bday, too!!!

Of course...I love the photos, and I love your flower garden!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Happy Birthday Lori! Tara all these pictures are sooo cute! I love that they saved Brett's Power Wheel...so cute! And I love the big boy haircut! He looks so old! Have fun in FL..you are right about the humid part, we just got back and I almost melted away! I don't remember it being that humid when we lived there! :) Hope yall have a great time!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Nonna! I can't believe how grown up Connor looks in some of the Pictures. That is pretty impressive about the 3 wheeler! Love the flowers, I need a green thumb!

Kandi said...

Great pics! I know what you mean about getting their haircut! They seem so grown-up when you first look at them.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, you have a GiGi's so close. There is one downtown Nashville too. They are oh so good!