Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

A day at Harvey Park

Yesterday after getting Connor's blood work (which went great by the way!) we went to Harvey Park. I told Connor that we would go to the playground or to the pool (his choice) for being such a good boy at the doctors office. I really couldn't believe it! Connor did not flinch or cry while having 3 tubes of blood taken! I definitely think this was a God thing. I prayed that He would take away his fears and my prayers and those of you who lifted him up were answered! Two nurses came in to assist probably because they knew it would be a disaster doing this with a two year old and they were completely amazed. They said that he is the best child they have ever seen and that is comparing him to the older kids too. Connor was more interested in how it worked, looking back and forth at his arm and the tube that was collecting his blood. Hilarious! I was so proud of him! We wont know the results for a couple of days. Connor wanted to go to the park so off we went! After watching him I have decided that he is my little observer. Sometimes he is much more interested in just watching people than he is playing. I wonder who he takes after...this is very much like me! The day couldn't have been more perfect! The weather was great, no humidity at all. There were a handful of cars there when we arrived and when we left an hour later it was completely full. Since he was so good we came home and went swimming too and then went to our favorite Friday lunch spot, Old School! It was a perfect day.


He was watching some older boys play baseball and really wanted to play! My Dad will be so proud!

See what I mean...he was really into watching these girls. Should I be worried already?
Someone brought this Batman big wheel and Connor really wanted to ride it. He stared at it for a long time until I finally persuaded him to go slide.










3 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

Glad it went well with the blood drawing. Since he was so into the way it worked maybe he'll be a doctor! :o) He's so adorable!

Kandi said...

Love the pics! I just caught up on your posts and so sorry to see what Connor (and you all) has had to go through. How awesome that he endured the blood taken like a trooper, that truly is remarkable. My kids are screaming just getting their body "looked" at at the dr.s office. I hope things get better for him!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

So glad the blood work went smoothly!! Love all the pictures...beautiful! I can't believe how big he is!