Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spread the Blessings!

So I have to tell this story and how the actions of another can bless another in return. We have been talking about this in my Bible study (or at least we were- I haven't been in a month due to being out of town a lot, etc.) about how you should always be obedient in your callings from God because you never know how it might impact or bless that person. Well, today I got to be on the receiving end of that.

I was in Lifeway on my lunch break looking for some sheet music that I will be singing to in Amanda's wedding, and had probably been standing there for about 10 minutes when this girl walks up to me, touches me on the shoulder and starts saying, "God told me to come and praaaa....Oh my gosh! Tara, its you!" It was my friend Kristen who I used to work with at Final Touch and haven't seen in about 2 years. We actually go to the same church but due to its size we never see each other. She said that God told her to come and pray a blessing over me and she was supposed to be meeting a friend, so she walked out and God told her again to be obedient. She also had to use the restroom so she came in. After we talked for a while she prayed over me and then proceeded to use the restroom, which was OUT OF ORDER! Can you believe that? He used her urge to pee to get her to come in and approach me...LOL! During our conversation, I commented on how she looked great and had lost some major weight (probably 40 pounds). She said that it was all God and that she had cut out her breads and sugar. I told her about my struggles to lose the baby weight from like over 2 years ago. This was a blessing for me because it is a confirmation for what I have been praying about for a long time. To rely on Him to give up my sugars which is going to be extremely hard for me. I will definitely need God for this, as I have tried many times but always fall off the wagon. As long as I can remember I have had a sweet tooth! I can bypass food to get to the dessert if you know what I mean. I get this honest...my Mom is the same way. I can tell that it is harder and will continue to get harder for me to lose weight as easily as I used to. I have been so frustrated to say the least that I have trained so hard the 1/2 marathon only to get no results. I was eating great during the training but lets be honest when you dont see results it is real easy to go back to the good stuff. Dont get me wrong, I really dont eat that much but havent been hard core dieting either. I have started incorporating some strength training as well so hopefully this will help. I just feel like I am in great physical condition, but you would never know it from the outside. Several people have said that I look fine, but when you are bigger than you have ever been in your life it is definitely an uncomfortable feeling. SO I say all of this to say... that by Kristen coming over she definitely blessed me! I am so glad that she was obedient with God, otherwise I would have never caught up with an old friend and received such encouragement from her in an area that has been on my mind a lot lately.

Thanks for letting me put myself out there! I hope this inspires you all to step out of your comfort zone and listen to God's calls! You never know who will be out there...an old friend, a new friend, a perfect stranger who needs to know that someone cares.

4 comments:

The Richards-Rod, Suzanne, and Addie said...

What a great story!

Kandi said...

Awesome! God is Good!!

Betty said...

Such an amazing testimony to being obedient to God. Which of course leads me to a verse that reminds of your friend found in Galatians 6:9-10. May you continue to share your heart so that many can believe His truths and His promises!!!

The Davis Family said...

Tara,
What an amazing story! I want to tell you that I went on Weight Watchers before I got married and it really does work. I'm now back to it and am starting to lose weight again. I have found it to be the best way to lose weight when your husband isn't on a diet! You can eat whatever you want (sweets included) but you just count your points. It really helps you get an idea about portion size. When I did it 2 years ago I went to the meetings and weighed in. I'm doing it on my own now but it really was beneficial to be held accountable. Just thought I would pass along what has worked for me. **And you get extra points when you work out,so you can eat more!!